Submitted by Haley Marketing
For most of us, it'll be easy to wave goodbye to 2020 – and say hello to a new year. But in the staffing industry, it can be tough to decide if you should also be looking into a new website in 2021.
More clients and candidates will visit your website in one year than you will talk to in a lifetime. It's your director of first impressions and likely your biggest source of both sales leads and qualified applicants. And given the pace of change, a staffing website has a shorter shelf life than you might realize.
So, is your website performing as it should? Could it use a quick update? Or is it time for a complete overhaul? If you're on the fence, here are three simple ways to decide:
3 Ways to Tell if You Need a New Website
1) Does It Work?
When you enter your URL, what do you see? Your website should:
- Load in three seconds or less
- Be easy to navigate
- Include clear and bold CTAs (call to actions)
- Use forms that go to an email address of a person who will take action
- Have an easy-to-use application so job seekers can quickly apply on any device
2) Is It Accurate?
As you read your website, does it have the following?
- Your correct phone number
- An up-to-date address
- The right services you provide
- The accurate specialties you offer
- Your current employees
3) Is It Optimized for Mobile?
If you pull up your website on your phone:
- Is it easy to read without having to pinch and zoom?
- The mobile version should have streamlined copy, be designed for a smaller screen size, and not be the desktop version squeezed down to the phone’s size.
- Is your career portal also optimized for mobile? Today's job seekers demand a great mobile job-search experience.
If you're ready for a new website in 2021, Haley Marketing is ready to help. Check out our work here, or contact a marketing educator today.