Location: New York, NY
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply directly on our Web site, www.useredge.com
Are you looking to blend you passion for documentation with your knowledge of User Experience?
- The UX Standards Writer owns the writing, maintenance, and production of UX design standards for the Client Products.
- You will work as part of the Product Documentation and UX teams, collaborating to produce clear, organized, actionable rules and documentation for software and web design.
- You will interact with designers, programmers, and product owners at all levels of the company and drive the scope and direction of the UX standards and design documentation system.
- Contribute ideas to the design process and clarify rules and standards into clear, actionable guidelines for designer, programmer, and business audiences.
- Challenge, clarify, and explain design decisions to produce clear, organized, actionable rules and documentation.
- Work independently to ensure quality deliverables for UX while participating and contributing as part of a larger documentation team.
- 5+ years of technical or standards writing experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with experience writing for both a developer and end-user audience.
- Strong content architecture skills to produce useful, streamlined documentation.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new software applications; previous experience with technical documentation authoring tools, image creation applications, and wireframing tools is a strong plus.
- Flexibility and the skills to successfully navigate frequent change and ambiguity.
- Facility for acting quickly on decisions while maintaining attention to accuracy.
- Strong time management, organization, and self-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with variable timeliness.
- Demonstrated initiative to innovate solutions and to both challenge and encourage ideas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in UX design, including information architecture, interaction design, or web design.
- Demonstrated experience testing work, concepts, and documentation with users and interviewing subject matter experts to gain the insight necessary to further content and concepts.
- Background in product development, including previous experience working closely with designers and programmers.
Samples will be required. Examples of the work we would like to see…..
- Documentation of design standards
- Proficiency in describing and illustrating UI elements
- Strong procedural writing and explanation of concepts
- File organization optimized for ease of use