Job Title: Technical Writer (Direct Hire)
Location: New York, NY (Note, remote work is NOT an option, however if you are looking to relocate to NYC, resumes will be considered)
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply directly on our Web site, www.useredge.com
If you are an energetic technical writer with a passion for Client Facing - Benefit Focused - Software Documentation, who enjoys working on a team where your input and idea generation is valued, this is a great opportunity for you.
You will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with product managers and programmers at all levels of the company, and driving the scope and direction of documentation deliverables.
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for a dynamic product.
- Build engaging benefit-focused material with excellent attention to detail and strong content organization.
- Generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Manage a high volume of projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of technical writing experience or related discipline.
- Strong writing skills appropriate for an end-user client audience.
- Confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, benefit-based content.
- The ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
- Editing experience.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Experience in a role which required a working understanding of financial markets.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience with DITA, HTML, or online authoring tools.